Monday, April 22, 2019

Bratislava and Bojnice

After my trip to Kiev was Easter break, so I went to Slovakia with a good friend of mine (my son’s godmother) from Geneva. She has a flat in Bratislava so we stayed there the first and last night.

My son loved Slovakia. I’m not sure if it was the air or the weather (indeed we left cold Kiev and came to sunshine and warmth), but he was incredibly happy. We walked through the square and I had a duck liver wrap that was heavy but actually quite good. There were many little stands open for Easter, so I bought a few souvenirs. Some of the cafes were very child friendly, with small play areas for kids.

He father picked us up and drove us to the small town that she is from, Bojnice, which has both a spa and a castle. Her parents were really sweet and played with my son. I slept early and woke early and got to have home cooked food. We also went to a few nice cafes in Bratislava.





Apparently around Easter there is a tradition, from pagan times, in which the men hit the women with sticks and splash water on them for good health. My friend told me that traditionally, the women would then hit the men back a few days later, but they got rid of that part.

I like Eastern Europe a lot so far! I would really like to come back and visit some other countries in the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment