Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Verona




Okay, I wrote all this in my journal and was going to type it up later. It is quite a delay.

Verona really is a beautiful city. It is the town in which Shakespeare´s Romeo and Juliet takes place. We went to visit Juliet´s ¨house¨--actually it is a property of the noble house that Juliet supposedly belongs to. There is a balcony from which Juliet (in the story) talks to Romeo, and a statue of Juliet in the Garden. Supposedly rubbing the statue´s right breast will either bring good luck or a new lover, so that breast is worn smooth from so many people rubbing it.

I think Verona is like a smaller combination of Florence and Rome. It has an arena that looks like a small Colosseum--the locals seem very proud of it! Yesterday night after dinner we were approached by these two Italian guys who also recommended that we see the arena. We convinced them that Hanna was Jolin Tsai, HAHAHAHA. I let them listen to Jolin Tsai on my ipon and they were like, ¨WOW, you sing well!!¨ I was Jolin Tsai´s song writer.

After Juliet´s house we walked up to the castle and took pictures of the city. Lots of pretty architecture; I will probably find American cities very bland after this.

After Verona Hanna and I went our separate ways! She went to Venice since her flight leaves from there and I went to Milan so that I could take the night train to Frankfurt. People told me that Milan is just okay, and the only think to see is the Duomo. So, when I got to Milan I put my backpack in a locker and took the metro to the Duomo. It is indeed a very pretty square! I took a bunch of timed photos and got gelato.

Now I am on the night train to frankfurt. Unfortunately there is a very smelly woman in my cabin, it is really awful. It is hot and stuffy so she took off all her clothes and slept naked. Then the conductor came and yelled at her for being inappropriate and made her put her clothing back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment