Saturday, June 20, 2009

Budapest






Unfortunately the weather here sucks! It is raining and, of course, just yesterday it was beautiful. Sighhhh, should have stuck with my schedule!

Last night I met this group of three American girls from New Hampshire in the train station. Budapest supposedly has very good nightlife so I am glad that I found people to go out with :D Throughout my time traveling in Europe I have become very good at picking up new friends, kekekeke. I have a series of "pick up lines" that I use, usually beginning with something mundane like, "do you know where to buy tickets, etc." and then "are you travelling alone??" and then "let's travel together!" HAHAHAHA I usually target other solo travellers, but I felt ambitious yesterday so I talked to a group, kekekeke.

The people in Budapest are very nice, I actually think this is the friendliest city that i have visited so far. Everyone was kind and willing to help. However, my hostel did not have a sign so I did get lost around that area. Luckily the local stores all knew where my hostel is, apparently they have a lot of travellers asking where the hostel is.

This morning the weather was quite bad, but I figured to go on a tour anyway. I took the free tour, but I actually started to feel sick because it was rainy and cold so I left early and went home to sleep. So needless to say...I did not do too much today. I saw some nice buildings and bridges, but I plan to do more tommorow. I really want to visit the thermal springs, perhaps I will do that tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment