Friday, June 5, 2009

Copenhagen...continued!





I did not get to finish my last post because there is a long line for the internet at this hostel and I felt bad. Anyhow, more of my day!

After going to Rosenborg Castle I took a canal tour that was very nice and saw most of the important landmarks. I actually do like the Little Mermaid statue, even though everyone else says that it is over rated. We also saw this Yacht that is owned by some Russian Oil Tycoon that is visiting here, it is the 6th largest Yacht in the world apparently. To be honest, I am actually done here and am ready to move on, but I booked my hostel for two nights! Copenhagen is very small and you can see the entire city just by walking. So perhaps tommorow I will take it easy and walk around some more. In my hostel I met more people, three people who actually go to Columbia! So I went out with them later. The music they play in bars here is very different...lots of techno. Supposedly Copenhagen is a 24 hour party city on weekends, but I am too sleepy so I went home early. On Sunday I leave for Stockholm at 6 am!

What I dislike is that everything here is so expensive! It costs me at least 12 US dollars to eat fast food! A bagel is 10 US dollars! I suppose the people here get paid very well so they can afford this...or perhaps the dollar is just very weak. Even people dressed like gangsters can go in and afford to eat at these places. The locals say that this is because the welfare system is very good. They do not understand why America does not do the same thing, and I explain that in America there are waaaaay too many people to keep track of and too many people who need it! Finland for example only has 5 million people. That is about the size of Boston, no? My guide book says that Denmark is the happiest nation, according to a survey, perhaps that is why?

Other interesting news...this weekend the Danish people are voting on equal rights. At the moment the heir to the throne in the royal family is always the oldest male. They are considering changing it to the oldest child, so that if the oldest child happens to be a girl, she will be the heir. I like this rule, I think it is a good one!

I am very sad right now because some drunk girl dropped my camera T_T She was looking at a photo that I took and then she dropped it! It still works, but the thing that covers the lens is broken. Tommorow I will try to get it fixed, since I want to make sure the lense is protected. Ugh, it is a brand new beautiful red camera T_T I suppose worse could have happened, but still, I really do love my camera and it is my only companion when I am alone T_T

I am still rather jet lagged so I am going to go to sleep now. Sigh. Hopefully someone will be able to fix my camera tommorow...

No comments:

Post a Comment