Thursday, June 11, 2009

Malmo, Sweden



Ugh, today was not a good day. I took the night train from Bergen and they did not have beds, so I slept on the chair but it was very uncomfortable. I had plans to go see Oslo with this Australian girl, but when we arrived in Oslo at 6:30 am I felt kind of sick and it was very very cold. So, I said goodbye and hopped onto the next train to Malmo, figuring I would feel better after sleeping more on the train and being warm. Unfortunately the conductor got confused on that train and stamped my ticket wrong, so it consumes 2 of my 10 travel days!!! She acted sorry but did not SAY sorry O_O Then the train broke down and I had so switch to another, and when I finally got to Malmo I had to wait in line to talk to people about my messed up ticket. They cannot do anything about it, and wrote me a note to give to the next conductor so they will accept that day anyway. I hope it will work, as I am taking the night train to Berlin tonight.

When many things go wrong I feel sad and want to go home, so I went to have Asian food for dinner and I felt a little better. Malmo is not a big tourist place, but I have had a lot of fun in Malmo because I...eat a lot there. I went to another Swedish bakery and had almond tart, apple pie, and the famous chocolate balls. The almond tart was amazing, but other two were good but just okay. My favorite new candy bar is called Daim, the Swedish girl on the train gave me some and I have been addicted ever since! On today's train ride I sat next to another nice swedish girl who gave me some of her home made Swedish waffles. They are eaten rolled up with strawberry jam, they were very good--but I still prefer Belgian waffles.

I am a bit tired of moving around, so I think I will begin to slow things down when I get to Eastern Europe because everything is cheaper there. I was kind of in a rush to get out of Scandanavia because it is cold and because it is expensive. The girl on the train and I talked about global warming, and she said that there will be no strawberries for Sweden's Mid Summer Festival because they froze in the ground! That is a pity :(

I also bought this Swedish gummy candy that the girl on the train recommended, and it is pretty good too. My train to Berlin does not leave for another 4 hours, but I came back to the station early because it is raining outside. I will be calling you today, so keep your phones with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment