Friday, June 26, 2009

Rome





This morning Hanna and I took a train from Venice to Rome. I slept for about 3 hours, so I rather enjoyed the train ride :D I woke up and saw that it was dark and I was like, "holy crap I cannot believe it is night time!!! I slept through the whole day!!" And Hanna was like, "um...we are in a tunnel..." HAHAHAHA Then we got out of the tunnel and we saw so many pretty mountains!

We had gone to a bakery early in the morning so we bought bread and ham for lunch. But Hanna was too train sick to eat the ham...so I ate all of it O_O In Rome we are staying in a hotel because the price difference between hostels and hotels is very minimal. It is nice to finally stay in a place that is really clean! The people in our hotel are also really nice and gave us many recommendations as to where to go. Since we only had half a day we walked to see some of the open monuments like the Pantheon, Venice Plaza and this other plaza...Norvobo Plaza? I cannot remember the name. But we did walk a lot and had a nice dinner. I had tiramisu, my favorite dessert, and it was AMAZING. It was sooooo good. Then we got gelato. Sigh, I will probably get diabetes in Italy too.

One bad thing about Italy...there seem to be a lot of perveted men here...I did not feel safe when I went to the hostel in Venice because I had to cross a park and a group of three men saw me and they stopped walking and waited for me to get close to them. So of course I stopped too. Then a family was going down the alley so I walked with them and managed to be okay. On the train to Rome there was also a really creepy guy who kept peering into our cabin to stare at us. I closed the curtain, but he would still come and try to peek in through the cracks. Worst of all poor Hanna had something awful happen to her. She was on the bus and this really, really gross old balding guy was leaning over her with his jacket covering the front of his body and he touched her with his penis. EWWWWW Then he ran away, zipped up his pants and ran off the bus. It was really gross and I felt really bad for her, but for some reason I could not stop laughing because I was quite tired, and also because I really could not believe anyone would do something like that. But really, what is wrong with people??? I do not think these men should be able to get away with such actions! But he had run off the bus and there was no way to catch him.

So needless to say I do not think Hanna is very happy with Italy right now...she suggested taking a plane to London. Which I am open to doing actually, since London should be quite fun! And it is quite close to Amsterdam. Seriously though, these gross men really have a negative impact on our opinion of an otherwise beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment