Friday, June 5, 2009

Copenhagen


I arrived in Copenhagen today after a 15 hour overnight train ride from Amsterdam. I slept very well on the train, it was like sleeping in a car but with an actual bed :) Also I was super jet lagged, so I fell asleep right at 7 and then woke up at...7 the next day. On the train I met a very nice German girl and a grumpy Swedish guy. Supposedly I was going to explore Copenhagen with the German girl, whose name is Carina (very pretty name), but then I got lost and was really late to our meeting spot T_T so now I have no idea where she is T_T Oh well. So I went to explore the city by myself!

Copenhagen is really pretty, with colorful buildings, ornate architecture, castles and beautiful canals. I went to Rosenborg Castle, which used to be where the Kings and Queens lived and is where the Royal Treasury/Jewels are located. Lots of intricate carved statues (super detailed), hard to describe in words but I have many pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment